From Mike and Matt

We are so excited to work on your behalf next year, and we want to extend our thanks one more time to everyone who voted in this year’s election. This is our first “From Mike and Matt” column, and it marks the beginning of the constant contact we hope to maintain with the student body. Both of us know that students are often unaware of SGA’s projects, so we plan on reaching out as much as possible through our website, The Maroon-News, and an SGA blog. However, our ultimate goal is to make SGA visible to the student body by enacting significant improvements to our campus.

While we may be away from Colgate this semester, next year is very much on our minds. We’ve received a record number of applicants for leadership positions and we are currently interviewing candidates. We’ve also started working on our initiatives — the online ride board is already being tested and will be ready for those of you who need a lift back to school next semester! Matt has also been researching the Good Samaritan programs at other schools to prepare for next year. Mike is currently serving on the Presidential Search Committee and is dedicated to ensuring that Colgate’s next president will be able to embrace Colgate’s great traditions as well as tackle the crucial issues that our University will face in the future.

As always, we want ask for your suggestions. Please submit feedback on the Presidential Search through Colgate’s website and don’t forget that you can still submit ideas for SGA though our website, www.mikeandmattforcolgate.com. Have a great SPW and good luck with finals!