Ram-blings

Hello, Colgate. This week in SGA Land will be brief due to the postponement of our senate meeting until Saturday. I did, however, want to inform you about a few things that have occurred in the last week, and where we are going from here.

The Student Government Association Portal tab is 90% up and within a few days the entire campus will have the ability to use it to find out what the SGA does. The Portal will be the best and most accessible forum for all of you to express your concerns so that every Senator will be aware of your thoughts. This will not only increase communication, but will also allow us to understand what issues are at the top of your priority lists and GET THEM ADDRESSED. Soon we will be using the Portal to start polling the student body about important issues. The first will concern whether or not we should keep the swim test. This has been an ongoing conversation for many years and I want to get your input before we pass our final suggestions on to the faculty.

The Core Curriculum is a big part of the Colgate experience and the administration, faculty and the SGA want to improve it so it meets more of your needs. We are looking into incorporating more “life skills” into the Core Curriculum. The Senate will have a detailed conversation about it on Saturday and I would appreciate all of your thoughts as well.

I also have the pleasure of announcing that Sean Meehan will be my choice for the position of Corresponding Secretary next semester. Sean is a bright, enthusiastic, and committed member of the Colgate campus and will be an excellent addition to the SGA Executive Board.

I would like to thank you for reading and feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions or concerns you may have.