1. “All Under One Roof Raving” by Jamie XX
Jamie XX is one of the most talented producers with an excellent sense for minimalist and breakbeat electronic music. The vocal samples on this track make it a keeper.
2. “Hot N*gga” by Bobby Shmurda
There is no denying this as the hip-hop hit of the summer; Drake even brought out Shmurda to perform his recent smash produced by Jahlil Beats. Shmoney!
3. “I Got You (Tensnake Remix)” by Duke Dumont
Everyone’s favorite beach jam gets a nice progressive house makeover by Tensake.
4. “The End (featuring Chance the Rapper)” by Schlomo and Jeremih
An addicting club song, with a great beat and a nice feature by Chance the Rapper.
5. “0 to 100” by Drake
“Know yourself, know your worth,” the Toronto rapper proclaims.
6. “Studio (featuring BJ the Chicago Kid)” by Schoolboy Q
Without a doubt this is one of the better beats I’ve heard recently. Oxymoron was hit or miss, but this was certainly one of the enjoyable tracks on the album.
7. “Aquaberry Dolphin (featuring Mac Miller)” by Riff Raff
I’m pretty sure this is the only rap song with a dolphin sample, and Riff and Mac do a great job with their verses.
8. “Money” by Giraffage
It’s chill, it’s trap… it’s something you can listen to everyday.
9. “Don’t Wait” by Mapei
Great production and vocal effects make this pop song stick in your head.
10. “Feel So Good” by Mase
Another gem from what many would consider the golden age of rap. There’s nothing like a classic hit.
11. “This is How we Do (Grandtheft remix)” by Katy Perry
Massive house remix that somehow turns an obnoxious song into a smooth banger.
12. “Days in the East” by Drake
He may not be the best rapper, but he sure knows how to make a song. This track is soulful and smooth, but still a bit rough around the edges.
13. “Look” by Yung Jake
The rapper’s wordplay, punchlines and ad-libs are absolutely perfect.