Hometown: Lantana, Texas
Concentration: History; studio art minor
Why Kaylee? The setter for the Colgate women’s volleyball team has led the raiders to a 7-0 Patriot League record. She is a forced to be reckoned with in league matchups, offensively and defen-sively. In the contest against La-fayette, head coach Ryan Baker referred to Fifer as a “stabilizer in all aspects of the game.” She consistently tallies kills and digs for the Raiders, but as a setter, re-cords big numbers when it comes to assists. Fifer had 24 assists against Holy Cross, 47 against Army, 31 against Bucknell and 29 against American.
1) How does it feel to be undefeated in league play?
It feels really good to be unde-feated at this point in the league, but we know that we now have to work twice as hard to beat the same teams twice.
2) You had a rough preseason – before league play started the team was 2-11. What changed?
We knew that there was no pres-sure on us at that point and we just needed to go out and play our hardest. And although our re-cord was not good in preseason, we played a ton of high ranked teams, ultimately preparing us for anything that could come during Patriot League play.
3) As a setter, you are a key play-maker for the team. Do you ever feel like this adds pressure while you are playing?
Not really. My team backs me up with everything and has always been there to support me, making it easier for me.
4) With only a few weeks to go, what are your goals for the rest of your season?
As a team, we want to finish the best we can, hoping to host and win Patriot League, but as for now we are taking one game at a time.
5) What was your most hard-fought win of the season thus far?
Definitely our win over Army. Both teams battled the entire night, we were just a little bit better that night.