Sport: Men’s Ice Hockey
Hometown: Folsom, CA
Why Corbin? He earned the tournament MVP award after his performance at the Mutual of Omaha Maverick Stampede tournament.
1. What was it like beating Nebraska-Omaha in their hometown, in a game in which they were favored?
It was surreal beating Nebraska-Omaha in their hometown in the championship game. The atmosphere and the fans were incredible, it was an awesome environment to win a game in.
2. This was the Raiders’s first tournament win since the 2006 UConn Classic. What does it mean to win a tournament and start off the season that way?
I think this tournament serves as a good precursor for what’s to come this season. None of my teammates will accept defeat as willingly as we have in past years.
3. You were named MVP of the tournament. What does this type of personal accolade mean to you?
To be named MVP is just a testament to the hard work and effort put forth by my teammates.
4. Freshmen John Lidgett and Joe Wilson have already combined for five points in the first two games. How has their transition to college hockey been so seamless?
All of our incoming freshmen are very talented and will continue to contribute to the team in any way they can. Their adjustment to the college level proves their willingness to do whatever it takes to prepare themselves to be successful.
5. This weekend you have a huge two-game set with preseason No. 1 Miami at Starr Rink. How excited are you for the games, and what must the team focus on to bring home wins?
I’m just as excited for Miami as I am for any other game I’m preparing to play in. I can’t get misty-eyed by an opponent because of a ranking. As long as our team continues to stay disciplined and improve our team defense, then the goals will take care of themselves.