(The Return of the) Campus Safety Blotter

Why does Campus Safety provide The Maroon-News with a blotter each week? One reason is educational information. The blotter informs the community of the type of complaints Campus Safety responds to and hopes this information makes community members aware of their surroundings and improves their ability to make informed decisions on their own personal safety.

Monday, 10/13

1:14 p.m.: Received a report of a larceny from the bookstore.

9:05 p.m.: Fire alarm at 92 Broad was caused by marijuana smoke.

9:08 p.m.: A resident at 92 Broad was found in possession of a crossbow and marijuana. Case referred for disciplinary process.

9:10 p.m.: Received a report of a possible missing student who was found at the library.

Tuesday, 10/14

1:15 a.m.: An officer on routine patrol near Frank Dining Hall observed students damaging a light post and the students failed to provide identification to the officer. Case referred for disciplinary process.

12:00 p.m.: A student reported receiving a fraudulent check.

12:20 p.m.: Received a report of a larceny from the bookstore.

Wednesday, 10/15

No case activity reported.

Thursday, 10/16

No case activity reported.

Friday, 10/17

No case activity reported.

Saturday, 10/18

10:39 p.m.: Underage residents of Andrews Hall were found in posession of alcohol. Case referred for disciplinary process.

Sunday, 10/19

1:30 a.m.: Hamilton Police reported individuals swimming in Taylor Lake against university regulations. Case referred for disciplinary action.

2:00 a.m.: A staff member reported being involved in a motor vehicle accident with a university vehicle in Washington, D.C.

Monday, 10/20

No case activity reported.

Tuesday, 10/21

5:35 a.m.: Received a report of a one car, property damage, motor vehicle accident in the Parker Apartments lot.

8:10 a.m.: Received a report of television taken from Curtis Hall.

8:04 p.m.: A fire alarm at 114 Broad Street was caused by smoke from the fireplace.

Wednesday, 10/22

4:08 p.m.: Received a report of a two car, property damage, motor vehicle accident on Lally Lane.

Thursday, 10/23

12:24 a.m.: An underage intoxicated student on Broad Street was found in possession of a stolen property. Case referred for disciplinary process.

Friday, 10/24

5:37 a.m.: A fire alarm at the Sperry Bookstore was caused by a malfunctioning furnace. Hamilton Fire Department responded.

Saturday, 10/25

2:38 a.m.: An officer on routine patrol near Frank Dining Hall observed an underage intoxicated student who was left in the care of a friend. Case referred for disciplinary process.

Sunday, 10/26

12:23 a.m.: A fire alarm at West Hall was caused by an activated pull station for no legitimate reason.

12:36 a.m.: An officer on routine patrol near Taylor Lake observed a student swimming in the lake in violation of university regulations. Case referred for disciplinary process.

1:42 a.m.: A fire alarm at Andrews Hall was caused by marijuana smoke.

1:48 a.m.: An underage intoxicated student at Andrews Hall failed to evacuate for a fire alarm and was found in possession of alcohol. Case referred for disciplinary process.

1:52 a.m.: A resident of Andrews Hall was found in possession of drug paraphernalia. Case referred for disciplinary process.

2:06 a.m.: Underage residents of Andrews Hall were found in possession of alcohol. Case referred for disciplinary process.