The Blotter – April 6

Monday, 3/27

1:22 p.m.: Fire alarm activation at Reid Athletic Center was caused by dust.

4:40 p.m.: Campus Safety received a report of a hate crime – criminal mischief vandalism – after unknown individual(s) defaced a poster in Lathrop Hall.

5:50 p.m.: A staff member reported that the greenhouse at the Colgate Community Garden, had collapsed due to snow on March 21 and 22.

9:27 p.m.: Fire alarm at Newell Apartments was caused by cooking.

Tuesday, 3/28

12:30 p.m.: Received a report of concern for welfare of an individual unaffiliated with Colgate. The individual was located in the Case Library lot and taken into custody by Hamilton Police and the New York State Police. 

Wednesday, 3/29

4:00 a.m.: A student was arrested by the Hamilton Police Deparment on 3/26 on Broad Street for possession of alcohol under the age of 21, open container and possession of a counterfeit driver’s license. Case referred for disciplinary action.

6:34 a.m.: A staff member at Frank Dining Hall reported three unsecured tablets taken from the men’s locker room. Items were located and returned the next day.

3:38 p.m.: Fire alarm at James C. Colgate Hall was caused by a popcorn machine.

5:58 p.m.: Fire alarm activation at the Parker Apartments was caused by cooking. 

Thursday, 3/30

12:38 a.m.: Campus Safety on routine patrol observed an underage intoxicated student near Frank Dining Hall who was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety. Case referred for disciplinary action.

1:57 a.m.: A resident of Parker Apartments reported his apartment windows damaged.

7:00 p.m.: Campus Safety on routine patrol observed damage to a guard rail in the Alumni Hall lot.

9:11 p.m.: Fire alarm at the Townhouse Apartments was caused by a dryer.

9:47 p.m.: Fire alarm at Parker Apartments was caused by the spraying of perfume. 

Friday, 3/31

2:00 p.m.: A student reported being sexually assaulted on campus during the calendar year of 2015.

2:35 p.m.: Fire alarm at Read House was caused by cooking.

8:15 p.m.: Fire alarm at Drake Hall caused by an exhaust fan malfunction. 

Saturday, 4/1

1:56 a.m.: Received a report of an underage intoxicated student at Frank Dining Hall. The student passed an alcohol assessment and was transported to his residence by Campus Safety. Case referred for disciplinary action.

11:45 a.m.: Fire alarm at the Townhouse Apartments was caused by cooking.

1:09 p.m.: Fire alarm at Newell Apartments was caused by cooking.

1:12p.m.: A student was injured while playing volleyball at Huntington Gym was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety.

4:00 p.m.: Fire alarm at James C. Colgate Hall was caused by burnt popcorn. 

Sunday, 4/2

12:15 a.m.: Campus Safety assisted the Hamilton Police with an underage intoxicated student near 40 Broad Street (Bunche House). The student was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety. Case referred for disciplinary action.

1:18 a.m.: Campus Safety on routine patrol observed an intoxicated student on Oak Drive. The student passed an alcohol assessment and was transported to her residence by Campus Safety. Case referred for disciplinary action.

9:00 p.m.: Residents of West Hall were found in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and had covered a smoke detector and were smoking in a residence. Case referred for disciplinary action.

10:58 p.m.: An ill visitor at Case Library was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety.