The Blotter – February 23

Monday, 2/13

1:03 p.m.: A student reported being injured after falling on the stairs outside of Persson Hall and was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety.

4:29 p.m.: Carbon Monoxide alarm activation at 40 Broad Street (Kappa Kappa Gamma). Campus Safety was assisted by the Hamilton Fire Department.

5:23 p.m.: A resident of West Hall was found in possession of marijuana and had been smoking in a residence hall. Case referred for disciplinary action. 

Tuesday, 2/14

12:38 a.m.: Received a report of an underage intoxicated student at Frank Dining Hall. Student passed an alcohol assessment and was escorted to his room by Campus Safety. Case referred for disciplinary process.

11:14 a.m.: Fire alarm activation at Frank Dining Hall was caused by cooking.

1:35 p.m.: A student reported an altercation between himself and another student that occurred off campus on Sunday, 2/12/2017. Case referred for disciplinary process.

3:11 p.m.: A resident of the Townhouse Apartments was found in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Case referred for disciplinary action.

6:20 p.m.: A resident of West Hall was found in possession of a candle. Case referred for disciplinary action.

6:35 p.m.: An underage resident of Andrews Hall was found in possession of alcohol. Case referred for disciplinary action.

7:42 p.m.: A resident of Shepardson House was found in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and had covered a smoke detector. Case referred for disciplinary action.

Wednesday, 2/15

5:56 p.m.: A resident of the Townhouse Apartments was found to have covered a sprinkler head. Case referred for disciplinary action.

6:50 p.m.: A resident of 76 Broad Street reported a visitor staying for more than the allotted three days. 

6:55 p.m.: A resident of University Court Apartments was found in possession of candles. Case referred for disciplinary action.

Thursday, 2/16

12:36 a.m.: A resident of Shepardson House was found in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and had been smoking in a residence hall. Case referred for disciplinary action.

12:48 a.m.: Fire alarm activation at the Townhouse Apartments was caused by cooking.

2:05 p.m.: A staff member reported being injured after falling in the Huntington Gym parking lot. 

6:25 p.m.: A resident of 110 Broad Street was found to have covered a smoke detector. Case referred for disciplinary action.

6:25 p.m.: A resident of 110 Broad Street was found in possession of a toaster oven. Case referred for disciplinary action.

Friday, 2/17

1:36 a.m.: Received a report of an underage intoxicated student near 40 Broad Street (Kappa Kappa Gamma) who was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety. Student was also in possession of a fraudulent driver’s license. Case referred for disciplinary action.

8:18 a.m.: A resident of Parker Apartments reported a broken window at her apartment.

12:00 p.m.: A staff member reported graffiti on the Dana Arts Center roof. 

10:47 p.m.: A resident of West Hall was found in possession of marijuana and had been smoking in a residence. Case referred for disciplinary action.

Saturday, 2/18

3:28 a.m.: Received a report of an underage intoxicated student at Drake Hall who was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety. 

4:15 p.m.: Fire alarm activation at 92 Broad Street (Phi Kappa Tau) was caused by a water leak.

4:23 p.m.: Campus Safety reported damage to a wall at 92 Broad Street.

10:19 p.m.: Students at Andrews Hall were found in possession of marijuana. Case referred for disciplinary action.

11:41 p.m.: A student was injured at Andrews Hall after falling on the stairs and was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety. 

Sunday, 2/19

2:30 a.m.: Received a report of an underage intoxicated student at the Townhouse Apartments bus stop who was transported to Community Memorial Hospital by Campus Safety. Case referred for disciplinary action.

12:02 p.m.: A staff member reported his university owned laptop was stolen from his vehicle while in North Carolina. 

11:54 p.m.: Received a report of a larceny and vandalism at 110 Broad Street.