Cross Country Squads Place Third In Harry Lang Invitational

This past weekend, both the Colgate Men’s and Women’s Cross Country teams began their seasons hosting the Harry Lang Invitational.

Both teams competed for the first time this season and were content with their matching third place finishes and hope to continue to see success on the course.

On the men’s side, junior Ben Aldrich led the way. Covering the 6400m course with a time of 21:28, Aldrich finished 15th overall in the race. Facing tough competition in the nationally ranked Syracuse program who had most of their runners finish in the top 10, Aldrich’s 15th position was strong.

Finishing just behind Aldrich was sophomore Christopher Noda with a time of 21:31 that was good enough for 16th place. Rounding out the Raiders finishers in the top 20 was senior Harry Englehart with a time of 21:42.

Just outside the top 20 finishing 23rd and 24th respectively were sophomores Scott Walker and Cody Hawkins. Walker’s time of 21:54 was just two seconds better than Hawkins’ time of 21:56. Rounding out the scoring for the Raiders were juniors Eric Moore (26th) and James Paris (28th) while first-years Troy Kelly (27th) and James Sheehy (30th) were also able to help out.

On the women’s side, sophomore Olivia Brackett continued her success from last year finishing 10th overall in the race against tough competition. Racing on a 4200m course, Brackett’s time was a blistering 16:18 that helped push the pace for some of her other teammates to have great times as well.

Junior Megan Keane came in just after Brackett and finished 12th overall in the race. Her time was 16:35, and helped sophomore Holland Reynolds finish 20th overall with a time of 17:12. These girls all finishing in the top-20 helped the Raiders finish third in the meet against tough competition in Syracuse University and Buffalo.

Rounding out the scoring for the Raiders was a slew of first-years including Shannon Young (27th), Rebecca Easly (28th), Anna Orientale (29th), and Jordan Chervin (34th). Upperclassmen that helped put points on the board were junior Emily Hanrahan with her 26th place finish and sophomore Caroline Davidson placing 30th overall.

Both Raiders teams started their seasons off on the right foot and hope to continue their successes as the season progresses. The teams will next head to different places, as the men’s team will compete in the Buffalo Invitational on September 21st and the Women travel to New Rochelle, NY for the Iona Meet of Champions.

Contact Spencer Serling at [email protected].