“New York Times” Returning to Campus on September 30

Copies of the “New York Times,” usually available in the O’Connor Campus Center (COOP) and Frank Dining Hall, have been conspicuously absent this semester. However, negotiations with the “Times” have been in the works, and delivery will most likely arrive on Monday, September 30.

Colgate participates in the New York Times Newspaper Readership Program, which offers bulk copies of the “Times” to college campuses at lower rates. As part of this agreement, Colgate receives a minimum of 200 paper copies during the week, in addition to access to the digital version for 100 members of the Colgate community.

When not all copies of the “Times” are picked up, Colgate is credited that amount of copies, although, according to Associate Dean of the College Sue Smith, the majority of provided copies are used each day.

Another aspect of the Readership Program of which Colgate takes advantage is the opportunity for a Times writer to visit campus. “A few years ago, the writer went into classes and had dinner with students,” Smith said. “We want to continue to offer this opportunity to students.”

The “Times” will be available in three locations on campus through the Readership Program. The COOP has two locations: one downstairs, by the package pick-up window of the Mail Center, and one upstairs, by the elevator. Copies are also available by the entrance to Frank Dining Hall.

Contact Selina Koller [email protected].