Dance Until the World Ends

This year’s Dancefest will feature 13 groups: ASU, Ballet, Ballroom, Bellydancing Club, CSA, Dance Team, Fuse, Groove, Kuumba, KPOP, SACC, Shock and S.L.A.M. The show is this Saturday, December 1, and will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Chapel. Doors open at 6:00. There are no tickets for the event and it will be first come first serve, so arrive early to guarantee a good seat! Donations are encouraged and will provide funding for dance classes for at least one student at Joy’s Dance Studio in Hamilton. All 13 groups have been working hard all semester to choreograph and perfect their routines.

“It’s always fun and rewarding to finally show what we’ve been working on for the past three months,” senior Olivia Marchetti said. “We have a few really unique dances from groups that have not performed in Dancefest before.”

That being said, favorites from past years will also be performing and are expected to have phenomenal choreography and entertaining new numbers to showcase. Many, but not all, of the performers are in several of the different dance groups.

It is apparent that a lot of time, effort and hard work goes into making these performances become the masterpieces they are on the night of Dancefest. Most of the groups have spent the entire semester creating, learning and perfecting their choreography for this semester’s Dancefest.

The theme of this year’s Dancefest is “Dance Until the World Ends.” The wide variety of dance styles and musical selections guarantee this year’s Dancefest will be entertaining for all. Whether you prefer classical ballet, lyrical, modern, hip-hop or jazz there is sure to be a dance you will enjoy.

Seniors Andrea Finley and Brian Crockett will be the emcees for the event, which is being sponsored by Groove. Dancefest is a great tradition that has been present at Colgate for many years, so be sure to attend the performance on Saturday in the Chapel.

Contact Lauren Casella at [email protected].