Celebrations Across Campus for Colgate Day

Friday the 13th, associated with bad luck most everywhere else, was again a source of celebration on the Colgate campus. Colgate Day took place last Friday with a number of special events.

Beginning at 1 p.m., Konosio-ni hosted a barbeque on the resi-dential quad. Here, students en-joyed Holy Smokes barbeque and special Raider Passion ice cream from Gilligan’s. Adorned in Col-gate gear, hundreds of students gathered on the quad to enjoy the food, a performance by the Col-gate Thirteen and the fortuitous sunny weather.

The Colgate Bookstore also participated in the Colgate Day celebration with a number of sales. In the spirit of the number 13, all hats were $13 dollars, all online Colgate gifts were 13 percent off and all sale clothing was an addi-tional 13 percent off. In addition, the bookstore implemented its new program, Gate-Made, which sells the products of companies owned by Colgate alumni.

The highlight of Colgate Day came with Sir Richard Branson’s speech, a part of the Kerschner Family Series Global Leaders at Colgate, which took place in the Sanford Field House at 6 p.m.

The Resolutions, one of the campus’s co-ed a capella groups, celebrated their 20th anniversary on Colgate Day with a concert in the Chapel at 8:30 p.m.

Colgate Day came to a close with a SGA-sponsored buffet of mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers at Nichols & Beal on Saturday, April 14 at 1:00 a.m.

Contact Hannah Fuchs at [email protected].