Campus Brief: Small Grease Fire Disrupts Frank Dining Hall

Associate Vice President for Emergency Management, Campus Safety, and Envi- ronmental Health and Safety Joseph Her- non announced to the Colgate commu- nity on the morning of Sunday, Sept. 25, that a small fire in Frank Dining Hall was the cause of a delay in breakfast service.

In the email sent early Sunday morning, Hernon explained that a grease fire was put out quickly by Campus Safety, stating that limited breakfast options would be available by 8 a.m. with regular hot food service resuming shortly after. There were no reported injuries to students, Frank Dining Hall staff, or campus safety officers related to the fire. Hernon’s message shared that Dining Services work swiftly to restore regular service within one hour, offering a continental-style breakfast in the meantime.

Initial causes of the grease fire were not shared with the community by officials. The extent of damages are unknown.