Brief: Amid Conflict with Rosh Hashanah, Colgate Panhellenic Adjusts Recruitment Dates

In an email delivered to members of Colgate’s three sororities on Monday, Sept. 4, the Panhellenic Council announced that Recruitment dates would be adjusted to avoid conflicts with Rosh Hashana.

Although events related to Recruitment were originally scheduled on the Saturday, Sept. 16 holiday, executive members decided in a majority vote that the process would begin two days earlier than planned — beginning Tuesday, Sept. 12 — so that no events would be held on Rosh Hashanah.

“We acknowledge our role in this, and our intention was never to cause any harm, but we understand the impact does not align with our intentions,” the email read.

In light of these changes, the Panhellenic Council emphasized the Missed Party Form that PNMs can fill out if they are unable to attend a Recruitment-related event. With this option, PNMs will receive any missed information and be voted on as if they were present.

A separate notice was emailed later Monday to inform Potential New Members (PNMs) of the adjustment.