Brief: Student Government Association Announces Springfest Headliner

Instagram / @colgatesga

Colgate University’s Student Government Association (SGA) announced the headliner for the annual Springfest concert that will occur on Saturday, April 27. Performer Disco Lines is the headlining act and the DJ Club will open for him. The concert is co-sponsored by SGA, DJ Club, Beta Theta Pi, Black Students Union, Brothers, Class Council, Creative Arts Society, Colgate Dance Association, Delta Delta Delta, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, La Casa, Lambda, Phi Delta Theta, Phi Kappa Tau, Questbridge Students Network, Queer Trans People of Color, Student Activity Association, South Asian Cultural Club, Theta Chi and WRCU. 

A previous announcement by GetInvolved on Jan. 18 shared that there would be no concert for this year’s Springfest. Although the main sponsor of Springfest shifted this year from SGA to the Springfest Committee, SGA was ultimately involved in the organization of the event.

SGA President Jonathan Eaton was therefore excited about the new performance, which was announced via Instagram on April 5. Eaton spoke on his gratitude for the event.

“We’re grateful for the time and effort that so many people — both within and outside of the SGA — put into this event,” Eaton said. “We hope everyone is as excited as we are.”

The concert will be held at Whitnall Field during Springiest, with DJ Club beginning at 7:30 p.m. and Disco Lines beginning at 9 p.m. In addition to the performances, there will be food trucks stationed nearby throughout the event.