In the Light: Billy Bingo

Senior Billy Bingo

Senior Billy Bingo has braved the cold, coming from Boynton Beach, Florida to Colgate’s snowy campus. An environmental economics and geography concentrator, Bingo has enjoyed his courses on campus and has thrived within his on-campus involvements.

Bingo plays for the Men’s Rugby team, studied abroad in Copenhagen during his junior year and is an active member of Theta Chi.

As a founder of Theta Chi’s Crawfish Boil, Bingo is particularly proud of Theta Chi’s philanthropy.

“It has really been a special experience for me to bring an event such as the Theta Chi Crawfish Boil to Colgate and to share something I love to do so much with this school. I first started the event my sophomore year and the proceeds of about $8,000 went towards the Joyful Heart Foundation, supporting sexual assault awareness and prevention. I am excited to finish up my Colgate experience with what should be our best boil yet [later this semester],” he said.

Bingo also found his senior rugby season to be one of his most memorable Colgate experiences. As a three-year starter for the team, he has earned awards as the Two Time All-Conference Hooker and Forwards MVP.

“This fall senior rugby season was incredibly memorable and I am very proud of what we accomplished. The program is continuing to advance into elite levels of competition and it has been amazing to see the progress the team has made since my freshman year,” he said.

In his spare time, Bingo enjoys listening to the Grateful Dead music and watching “The Sopranos.”

“[My] favorite TV show is ‘The Sopranos’; [the] best line is from the first episode when a young AJ Soprano learns his grandma can’t make dinner and exclaims, ‘So what, no F—– ziti now!’,” Bingo said. “Relatable.”

After graduation, Bingo will begin his career as an investment banking analyst at Morgan Partners in Boston where he interned last summer. While excited about his new role, he is incredibly grateful for the friends and experiences that he has gained at Colgate.

“[I’ll miss] constantly being around all the lifelong friends I have gotten the opportunity to make here and the incredible campus we spend our time at,” he said. “Being a senior now, I wish at times that I had gotten the opportunity to meet more people here.”

Bingo recommends that students take advantage of Colgate’s unique opportunities over the course of their four years on campus.

“Don’t be afraid to take a risk every once and awhile; Colgate is an intense place in many ways but stepping outside of your comfort zone can prove worthwhile. I am very grateful to the friends and opportunities Colgate has provided me,” he said.

Contact Julia Klein at [email protected]