Brief: Search Begins to Fill Title IX Office Vacancy

With the departure of Title IX Coordinator Tamala Flack, Colgate’s Title IX Office has begun a national search to fill the position while temporarily electing existing faculty to fulfill a number of key Title IX responsibilities, according to an Oct. 31 email from Vice President for Equity and Inclusion Renee Madison. 

Madison will now serve as acting Title IX Coordinator until the position is filled, effective immediately. Kim Taylor, Dean for Administrative Advising and Student Conduct, and Kimberly Keenan-Kirkpatrick, Esq., Head Cross Country Coach, will serve as deputy coordinators. While Taylor will field questions regarding reporting, resources, and support, Keenan-Kirkpatrick will be responsible for questions regarding the formal adjudication process, according to the email.

Madison emphasized that existing organizations are available to students in need of support, including Haven, the Office of Counseling and Psychological Services, the Office of the Chaplains, and Student Health Services. The Prohibited Conduct Response Group (PCRG) — a group of trained members who advise on harassment, discrimination, and abuse — will also remain available as a resource.

“We remain committed to continuing to provide a safe space and robust, caring support for any member of our community and to ensuring a process that is fair and equitable,” Madison said. “Thank you to all students, faculty, and staff who have utilized the resources of our office, and I look forward to sharing the outcome of our search once this important position is filled.”

Full story to come.