Brief: Construction at Colgate Continues

Mary Grygier

The Colgate University campus had many construction updates in store for students as they returned from spring break. As part of the Third-Century Plan, many academic buildings are in the process of expanding, while new campus projects are beginning.

The expanded Olin Hall, which will house the Robert H.N. Ho Mind, Brain and Behavior Institute, is almost complete. Exterior and interior work have occurred all of the 2023-2024 academic year, and professors will begin moving into the new space within the coming weeks.

Across from Frank Dining Hall and behind Curtis Hall, teams conducted extensive tree removal to begin construction on Peter’s Glen, a landscaped walkway to connect the upper and middle campuses. While teams recently removed existing trees, plans for Peter’s Glen will incorporate full restoration of trees and shrubs native to the area.

The Benton Center for Creativity and Innovation has also made significant progress, with intricate stonework appearing on the exterior facade. This building will be the centerpiece of Middle Campus and is meant to combine art and technology in education.